[Mailman-Users] cleaning up several six year old lists with many questionable e-m ail addresses

Nakamura, John john.nakamura at neustar.biz
Thu Dec 18 00:54:47 CET 2003

List members,

I inherited several industry e-mail lists (up to 500 members) that were
started ~six years ago.  I'm sure many of the member addresses are no longer
valid, however explicit bounces are not being sent back and therefore the
bounce option in Mailman is not being invoked.

Any suggestions on sending out a notice to the list requiring them to
"opt-in" to stay on the list?  Obviously, I don't want them to respond
specifically to me, such that I have to deal with 500+ individual e-mail

Thank you.

John M. Nakamura
NeuStar, Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza