[Mailman-Users] re-creating list archive - old List-Archive problem

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Dec 17 21:57:05 CET 2003

Todd (Freedom_Lover at pobox.com) wrote:

> The private archive url uses a different method to create the URL,
> bypassing the VIRTUAL_HOSTS list.  You can take a look at the code in
> Archiver.py where GetBaseArchiveURL() is defined to see the difference
> in how the URL's are determined.

OK. Clear.

> What are the emailhost values you are using for your add_virtualhost()
> calls?  That plays a role in determining which urlhost value is used
> (don't ask me to fully explain it as I'd have to guess a little to
> even try :).
>
> Perhaps you could post all your add_virtualhost() calls from
> mm_cfg.py.  That might help someone spot something useful.

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.domain.com'

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
add_virtualhost('www.virtualdomain1.com','lists.domain.com')
add_virtualhost('www.virtualdomain2.com','lists.domain.com')

> I can't say no for sure since I don't have the htdig patches
> installed, but Richard Barrett knows mailman much better than I do and
> I can't imagine his patches would mess this up and not get noticed by
> him or one of the many folks that use them.

Yes, Richard is always very helpful and keeps his patches up to date ..

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour