[Mailman-Users] mailman and https

Lukas Ruf ruf at rawip.org
Wed Dec 17 13:15:55 CET 2003

Hi Todd,

thanks for the reply.

> Todd <Freedom_Lover at pobox.com> [2003-12-17 13:06]:
>
> Lukas Ruf wrote:
> > Thanks for the answer!  I have changed the settings.  However, when I
> > try running fix_url.py it does not work.  I read the FAQ and googled
> > the web...
> >
> > Running fix_url.py resulted in
> >
> > komsys-pc-ruf:/home/mailman/bin# ./withlist -l -r \
> >     /home/mailman/bin/fix_url.py any -u https://www.lpr.ch -v
[...]
> I'll take a stab at it even though I should know better than to answer
> anything at this ungodly hour...

well, yeah ,-)

> I think you just need to change your withlist invocation to:
>
> ./withlist -l -r fix_url any -u www.lpr.ch -v

this exactly did, what I expected it to do!

> I'm assuming that 'any' is a real list name.

that's true.

> If it's not and you just want to run this for all lists, then the
> -a/--all option for withlist might be what you want.

I assume this is not possible for multiple virtual domains!

> The reason you just use fix_url instead of the full path to the
> fix_url script is that the -r option to withlist wants it's argument
> in the form [module.]callable, not as a path to a file.

ok, I understand!

> I also think you don't want to use the https:// with the -u
> option.  You just want to use the FQDN that you would supply to
> add_virtualhost() in mm_cfg.py.

I wanted https to work....

> And if www.lpr.ch is the DEFAULT_URL_HOST, you don't even need
> to use that option at all.  You might just have it there from
> experimenting to see why the withlist call was failing.

unfortunately, it isn't.

> Hopefully I haven't given you any really bad or incomplete
> information here.  If so, I'll be too busy sleeping soundly now to
> hear you muttering my name when it doesn't work still. :)

Have a good sleep!  It has worked as expected ;-)

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |