[Mailman-Users] re-creating list archive - old List-Archive problem

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Tue Dec 16 21:12:09 CET 2003

Todd (Freedom_Lover at pobox.com) wrote:

> Here's a WAG, does it matter that PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL is set before
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST?  I don't know how Python handles that.  If order
> counts, then PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL would be picking up the hostname from
> what's defined in Defaults.py.  If order is irrelevant, then so is
> this whole paragraph.

Actually, I wrote in such an order, actually it's:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.vediclists.net'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.vediclists.net'

# Using secure http (SSL)

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

# Public archive URL

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'https://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

so it does not apply :-(

> You might try using dumpdb on a working list and a nonworking list to
> see what differences there are.  I would assume that the nonworking
> lists will have the old virtual domain in them somewhere.

I'll do it, and I'm sure that nonworking lists have the old values, but I'm
just wondering how to change them :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--