[Mailman-Users] SetGID

Melanie Dymond Harper mel at herald.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 17:31:39 CET 2003

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of trying to transfer some Mailman list across from one
server to another; the current server is local, the new server is some
space on a remotely-hosted server.

I have everything working in terms of accepting mail and sending it out, but
I'm having some trouble with the Web interface. Specifically, the web host
concerned don't allow setuid/setgid scripts within cgi-bin directories.

As far as I can tell, it is possible for the wrapper scripts (e.g. /mailman/
listinfo/) to work without being setgid, but they don't seem to be picking
up the right set of information -- such as the list of lists available on
the machine.

Is it likely that I will be able to work around this, or should I just give
up and try to put the lists somewhere else?

Thanks

Mel