[Mailman-Users] unable to access private archives

Bart Decrem bart at decrem.com
Tue Dec 16 01:31:22 CET 2003

Hi everyone,

I am migrating from RH to Debian.  As part of  the migration, I used
apt-get to install Mailman and ended up with a version that's a bit
older: 2.0.11.

When I set up a list with a public archive, all is well.

But when I create a list with a private archive, I'm unable to view the
archive.

When I'm asked to enter authentication
(http://www.decrem.com/cgi-bin/mailman/private/planning/) and enter my
user id and password, I'm sent on to the archive index page
(http://www.decrem.com/cgi-bin/mailman/private/planning/).  But then
when I try to view archived mail, I'm sent back to the authentication page.

I've tried using two different browsers, just in case this is a problem
with a cookie, but no luck.

Suggestions?

Bart