[Mailman-Users] broken mails from "Internet Mail Service (5.5.2656.59)"

Łukasz Michalski l.michalski at ant.gliwice.pl
Mon Dec 15 14:21:05 CET 2003

Hi,

I have problem running list and I am searching for workaround.

I run list when messages are mainly exchanged in iso-8859-2 encoding.

Some people subscribed on list are using MS Exchange/Outlook.
I recognize it by header:

All of them send messages encoded using Quoted-Printable, I see that MailMan
is always autoconverting it to 8bit before reposting.

The result is, that all mails from them gets totally messed with
quoted-printable characters. Depending on Exchange configuration (I guess)
some of them broke only quted text in replies, and some of them see all
message as garbage.

Is there any solution or workaround for this?
Is there any way to turn off MailMan autoconvert feature ?

I can't, of course, reconfigure MS Exchange servers to send mails in 8bit.
There is no way to do it using Outlook.

I don't use archival options and digests so I can live with mails encoded
using QP, 8bit and base64 in archive altogether.

Regards and thanks for help,
Łukasz