[Mailman-Users] real_name attribute error

Lena at lena.kiev.ua Lena at lena.kiev.ua
Wed Dec 10 02:12:41 CET 2003

> From: " vicnoise . " <vicnoise()yahoo.com>

> yes I'm actually using Mailman 2.1.2 hosted on a
>  site run by cPanel. The thing that makes wonder is
> that I have 2 different account on 2 different servers
> (different providers) and only on one of them I get
> the errors below since on the other one everything is
> ok while configuring and running Mailman.

I also am an user of a web-hosting with cPanel and Mailman 2.1.2.
I haven't that problem, and I successfully changed capitalisation
of name of my list (when I created a list using cPanel web-interface,
I entered XXxxx as list name, but in fact Xxxxx was created,
then I changed listname to XXxxx using Mailman web-interface).

Compare cPanel versions and release numbers on main cPanel user page.
May be the hosting with the problem uses a pirated (non-licenced)
outdated buggy copy of cPanel ( + changed Mailman) software.

> I understand
> what you say about the licence terms breach but how
> can I get them fix this issue?

You can try to tell the web-hosting to ask cPanel staff to do so.
And post yourself to http://forums.cpanel.net

> Is it possible that
> thay don't understand where the problem is even if I
> contacted their helpdesk about this bug?

It's possible with any helpdesk. :)

Lena