[Mailman-Users] In a pickle

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Mon Dec 8 18:04:16 CET 2003

08-Dec-03 at 11:51, Jon Carnes (jonc at nc.rr.com) wrote :
> Do you have a config.pck.last for that list?  Try renaming your current
> config.pck and copy over the config.pck.last and see if that works.

I didn't have a config.pck at all, I did cp -r config.pck.last to get
the one I currently have.

> If so, then you have a corrupt config.pck file and "check_db" should
> have been able to fix this.

sd25:/usr/local/mailman/bin# ./check_db List-Name
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./check_db", line 153, in ?
    main()
  File "./check_db", line 121, in main
    mlist = MailList(listname, lock=0)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 124, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 583, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(file)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 556, in __load
    dict = loadfunc(fp)
cPickle.UnpicklingError: invalid load key, ''.

Here's the directory listing:

> > /usr/local/mailman/lists/listname# ls -l
> > -rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman   1843200 Dec  6 09:08 config.pck.last
> > -rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman   1670681 Sep 10 16:02 config.pck.safety
> > -rw-rw-r--    1 mailman  mailman        29 Dec  5 08:00 request.db
> > (I recreated the config.pck by copying config.pck.last; didn't make any
> > difference).

So... I can't use config.pck.safety it's too old and unsubscribers will
go crazy. I have a backup somewhere that's more recent though, I could
go get that, but I'm worried about check_db spewing that error about
invalid load key...

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access