[Mailman-Users] Mailman won't send mail

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 02:42:38 CET 2003

Wow, great problem report... It looks to me like your Postfix is
delivering the mail to Mailman, Mailmanctl is running and trying to drop
the mail out to the specified SMTPHOST

# SMTP host and port, when DELIVERY_MODULE is 'SMTPDirect'.
# Make sure the
# host exists and is resolvable (i.e., if it's the
# default of "localhost" be
# sure there's a localhost entry in your /etc/hosts file!)
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'

In your case the SMTPHOST is ns1.tcbug.org.  Does this resolve?  Is
Postfix setup to accept mail from this IP address?

I would switch back to using SMTPHOST = 'localhost' and then set that to
127.0.0.1 in my /etc/hosts file, then setup Postfix to relay any local
posts from 127.0.0.1

It sounds like the problem is in Postfix.  It looks like it is not
allowing relay from the locally running Mailman application.  Check out
the error and warning logs for Postfix.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes