[Mailman-Users] How to change the system-wide maximum message size?

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Wed Dec 3 00:41:37 CET 2003

I'm running mailman for small lists (under 10 people) but the server is
on DSL connection with a slow outgoing speed (128Kbps).  How can I
alter the system-wide maximum message size?

Under no circumstances do I want list members to post messages larger
than a few hundred K, and I don't want to be bothered with
notifications when people try it.  I just want to lower the system-wide
max from the rather-large 3MB limit to more like 300K.

I've searched for an hour in vain, but I imagine this number can be
changed somewhere.  Anyone know where?

Thanks!