[Mailman-Users] Mailman wont send mail

Jeremy Gilbert zhq9eva02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:25:17 CET 2003

> Hello to all,
>
> I´m new to this list.
>
> I have a problem with mailman and postfix.
> I set up mailman out of the box on my suse 8.2 system.

This list needs a searchable archive.  I posted the same thing
only two weeks ago.

Anyway, the way I had to fix it was to add

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mailman start

to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.  Even though mailman was executable
and in init.d, it wasn't starting.  This is with Slackware 9.1.
I'm not familiar with SuSe, but the situation is probably similar.
This new line fixed it for me _most_ of the time.  Sometimes, when
I reboot, it still doesn't start and I have to manually type that
command as root, but since I don't plan to reboot very often, it's
not a big deal for me.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy Gilbert
zhq9eva02 at sneakemail.com