[Mailman-Users] server hostname in List address?

Jim McCarty soob at macosx.com
Tue Dec 2 08:05:25 CET 2003

Jeff,

Do you still have the output of running the configure script in the
mailman source directory? Look for "checking for default mail host
name" and "checking for default URL host component". I needed to re-run
mine and add --with-mailhost=mydomain.org and
--with-urlhost=www.mydomain.org to the ./configure command line since
it was picking up the machine's full hostname of name.mydomain.org

There might be a setting in one of the python config files but I'm
unfamiliar with what I can and cannot change in those files. My guess
is that the default is compiled in.

Hope this helps,

Jim (using v2.1.3 on 10.2.8)

--
"Another possible source of guidance for teenagers is television, but
television's message has always been that the need for truth, wisdom