[Mailman-Users] question regarding confirmation

Aviram Carmi avi at otn.com
Fri Aug 29 22:02:07 CEST 2003

At 11:11 -0700 08/29/2003, Aviram Carmi wrote:
>Now I can "talk" to mailman...

I re-configured mailman --with-mail-gid=mail, it seems to work now,
thanks to all who helped.

one observation though.

the confirmation message when a user received when they join, says to

"simply reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact."

however, replying to the message, by default ads "Re:" to the subject
which caused the confirmation to be rejected by mailman. see below.

Replying again, after removeing the "Re:" worked, and I got the
"welcome" message.

Shouldn't mailman be smarter and recognize the "Re:"?

I'll bet that most users will just hit "reply" which (at least on my
email client Eudora 5.2.1 under MacOS 9.2.2) adds an "Re:" to the
subject line.

Is there a setting I am missing?

-avi

>Subject: The results of your email commands
>From: test-bounces at lists.first5ventura.org
>To: aviram at overthenet.com
>Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:10:38 -0700
>Sender: test-bounces at lists.first5ventura.org
>
>The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

-avi

--

Aviram Carmi
Owner

Over TheNet (R)
601 Daily Drive Suite #226
Camarillo, CA 93010-5840

http://www.otn.com/   Building Profitable Web Sites Today
(805) 384-1144 Voice  (805) 384-9111 FAX

(C) Copyright 2003, Over TheNet (R)  All rights reserved.