[Mailman-Users] New to Mailman, need help

Aviram Carmi avi at otn.com
Thu Aug 28 21:13:47 CEST 2003

I've installed mailman on my RHL system, and some pieces work, for
example the web pages, however, I could not get it to send anything...

# ./version
Using Mailman version: 2.1

# ./mailmanctl start
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./mailmanctl", line 524, in ?
     main()
   File "./mailmanctl", line 319, in main
     check_privs()
   File "./mailmanctl", line 274, in check_privs
     gid = grp.getgrnam(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
KeyError: getgrnam(): name not found

what am I doing wrong?

Also, do I need to run mailmanctl start each time I reboot my system?
is there a way to add this to the list of deamons that automatically
start when I reboot?

--

Aviram Carmi
Owner

Over TheNet (R)
601 Daily Drive Suite #226
Camarillo, CA 93010-5840

http://www.otn.com/   Building Profitable Web Sites Today
(805) 384-1144 Voice  (805) 384-9111 FAX

(C) Copyright 2003, Over TheNet (R)  All rights reserved.