[Mailman-Users] Notify member when post is held for moderation?

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Sat Aug 23 19:49:28 CEST 2003

Folks:

Anyone know if there is a way to send a member when their post is held for
moderation?

I've had a few problems with people subscribing to one of my lists, posting
an advertisement, then unsubscribing ... so I enabled "New subscribers are
initially moderated" feature.

Unforunately, sometimes people post and expect their message to show up
immediately and end up resending it multiple times.  I'd really like to be
able to send them a message indicating that their post was held for review,
and that when it is released, future posts will not be held.

I had hoped that the member_moderation_notice option would apply here ...
but it only applies when a moderated member's post is rejected.

Thanks!

david