[Mailman-Users] HELP me for chinese subject in mailman 2.1 please!

Ben Gertzfield che at debian.org
Sun Aug 24 18:53:50 CEST 2003

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 10:19 AM, Ares Liu wrote:

> When I use chinese subject, mailman 2.1 will get an error as follow:
> LookupError: unknown encoding: gb2312
>
> How to solve this error?

Make sure you have the Chinese codecs for Python installed.  You can
get them from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-codecs/

(You will need to download the latest source from CVS and install it.)

It's possible that CJKCodecs will also work, if you don't know how to
use CVS:

I have not tested CJKCodecs with Mailman, but it might work.

This will let Mailman convert gb2312 subject strings to Unicode, which
will fix your error.

Ben