[Mailman-Users] Overloaded with virus traffic

Daniel James daniel at linuxuser.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 14:12:00 CEST 2003

Hello,

We have a Mailman 2.0.11 list hosted for us at linux.org.uk with
thousands of members. It's been running brilliantly for over three
years, but today we a have a little problem...

We've had trouble with spam before, but today there are almost 2000
messages for approval in the hold queue, most of which have a virus
attachment. This means the admindb page in the web interface is
10.9MB in size.

When you try to click 'submit' at the bottom of this rather large
page, our ISP chokes on the size of the form. We don't have shell
access to this machine - is there any alternative to deleting each
attachment in the content boxes by hand?

I'm not subscribed to this list at present, so please cc any reply to
me directly.

Thanks!

Daniel James
News + Web Editor