[Mailman-Users] Two mailservers on the same machine?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 20:32:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 11:03, Angel Gabriel wrote:
> Is it possible to run more than one copy of postfix on the same machine?
> I run mailman, and whenever there is a post to the machine, for a while
> people sending mail inside my subnet, can't connect to it, because all
> the processes are taken up. Adding more won't help because mailman will
> just use them up. Any ideas people?

Yes, you can run multiple Postfix instances on one server (with
different chroots).

I think you'll be happier though if you move Mailman off to a separate
server and run it from there. For bigger corporations I like to run
three mailservers:
  external mail server - spam filtering and initial virus scanning,
  internal mail server - users, distributions, imap, pop, etc
  Mailman/mail server - (either internal or external) for dynamic lists
and archiving

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes