[Mailman-Users] Email posts get posted to the wrong list!

Brent Herring BrentH at uca.edu
Fri Aug 15 14:43:07 CEST 2003

At the risk of stating the obvious, did you run the newaliases command
after editing your aliases file?

Brent.

D. Brent Herring
Computer Services
University of Central Arkansas

>>> "William Knechtel" <wknechtel at psi-np.org> 8/14/2003 4:24:24 PM >>>
Hello All!

I'm trying to set up Mailman 2.1.2 on a FreeBSD 4.6 server.  I'm using
courier-MTA as my mail server software. I've gone through the install
procedure, and set up the prescribed umbrealla list called "mailman",
and set up a test list, which I'm calling "all".  When I sent a
message
to all at psi-np.org, it's not actually posting to that list, it's
posting
to mailman at psi-np.org! Now, I've redone the install process (twice),
I've verified that the aliases I'm giving courier are correct, and
still, the post end up posting to the wrong list.  The "mailman" list
respond to my attempts to post to "all" with:

<snip>
Your mail to 'Mailman' with the subject

    Please Work

The reason it is being held:

    Message has implicit destination

notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
</snip>

I'm at a loss here.  Would someone be so kind as to point me in the
right direction??  Thanks in advance!

Kindest Regards,
Bill