[Mailman-Users] Email posts get posted to the wrong list!

William Knechtel wknechtel at psi-np.org
Fri Aug 15 01:31:37 CEST 2003

Please forgive my misuse of the term "umbrella list". I made an incorrect
correlation. :-)  Now, for your peruasal, I'm posting the contents of my
alias files.  I have mailman installed in /usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org.  My
MTA uses maildirs, very much like Qmail, and in fact uses the same style of
aliasing, if your familiar with the way .qmail works, though in my case, the
files are .courier.  My maildirs are in /usr/local/mail/psi-np.org/.  So,
here are my aliases for both "mailman" and "all":

mailman (found in /usr/local/mail/psi-np.org/mailman/):
.courier:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman post mailman
.courier-admin:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman admin mailman
.courier-bounces:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman bounces mailman
.courier-confirm:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman confirm mailman
.courier-join:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman join mailman
.courier-leave:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman leave mailman
.courier-owner
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman owner mailman
.courier-request:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman request mailman
.courier-subscribe:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman subscribe mailman
.courier-unsubscribe:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman

And all (found in /usr/local/mail/psi-np.org/all/):
.courier:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman post all
.courier-admin:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman admin all
.courier-bounces:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman bounces all
.courier-confirm:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman confirm all
.courier-join:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman join all
.courier-leave:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman leave all
.courier-owner:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman owner all
.courier-request:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman request all
.courier-subscribe:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman subscribe all
.courier-unsubscribe:
	|/usr/local/mailman/psi-np.org/mail/mailman unsubscribe all

So, the Aliases are correct.  I don't blame you for doubting me on this one,
and I don't think you argumentative, I'd do the same if the roles were
switched.   Would you have any ideas where else I could look??

Kindest regards,
Bill