[Mailman-Users] Whoooi... :)

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Aug 13 17:36:09 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:21, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> So many obstacles.. But now I'm up and running!
>
> But.. Now to another thing, if I want a list to be 'read-only', that is so
> users can't post, just receive mail from the list?  Only admin and
> moderators should be able to post to it.  (It an info list).  How do I set
> that up?  It doesn't seem to be all logical to me and I can't find it in the
> doc files I have.
>
> Anders Norrbring
> Norrbring Consulting

Take a look at the FAQ. There is one written about just how to setup an
"announce only list".  Basically you go to the membership section of the
Web-admin and set all the users Modify bit to on, then you go to
selected users (like your admins) and turn their modify bit off - or
leave them all on and force the admins to approve any and all messages
(so that the messages can't be spoofed by someone).

HtH - Jon Carnes