[Mailman-Users]HandlerAPE error: WAS :Listserv wide announcements?

Bruce Mitzit bruce at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 12 20:23:22 CEST 2003

At 3:33 PM +0100 8/12/03, Richard Barrett wrote:
>On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 03:10  pm, Bruce Mitzit wrote:
>

>>Hello, MM users---
>>
>>After upgrading from mailman 2.0.9 to mailman-2.1.2, and tweaking
>>all the things I could find to tweak, I still get this error
>>emailed to me at the rate of about three a minute:
>>
>>Your "cron" job on urserver.uchicago.edu
>>/usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner
>>produced the following output:
>>
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 89, in ?
>>     from Mailman.Handlers import HandlerAPI
>>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 26, in ?
>>     from Mailman.pythonlib.StringIO import StringIO
>>ImportError: No module named pythonlib.StringIO
>>

>With Mailman 2.1.2 the qrunner is no longer run as a cron job.
>
>The 2.1.2 qrunners are run as daemons started by the
>$prefix/bin/mailmanctl script.
>
>Looks like, maybe, you did not remove the mailman user's crontab
>before doing the update and the old 2.0.9 crontab is still trying to
>do stuff.
>
>Did you take a look at the section 'UPGRADING FROM 2.0.x to 2.1' in
>the UPGRADING file in your MM 2.1.2 build director as part of your
>tweakingy?

Richard et. al.--

Well, yeah, I did read that thing. I did not remove (in Solaris 7)
/var/spool/cron/cronjobs/mailman prior to the install.

So, I've rm'd that cronjob. We'd been running that cron from root
anyway, so I commented all out from there as well.  I did a
configure, make install all over again. I still am getting the same
error message by email. Any suggestions? The original install of MM
made me feel pretty smart. This one makes me feel dumb.

Bruce