[Mailman-Users] Managing archives

Victor Tsaran webmaster at icevi.org
Tue Aug 12 15:26:20 CEST 2003

Hello, listers!
Here is my situation. I am managing several lists for an international
organization. Over the last couple of years our archives have grown quite
large and, I am sure, that many of the messages are no longer necessary to
keep. What is the easiest way for me to pull down the whole archive, convert
it to something that can be reviewed/edited by the organization's secretary,
pull it back together and reupload back to the server. Is there a tool that
will allow me to do this? I myself don't have the time to carry out this
task, however, I cannot expect the secretary to fool around with Unix mail
boxes etc.
Also, I have seen some web sites that zip their messages while archiving.
How is this done?
Thanks much for any response I can get on this.
Regards,
Vic