[Mailman-Users] Web Interface Problem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 04:25:33 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 09:41, Mensah K. Agbessitse wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a mailman running on a Compaq PC with 128MB of memory and 7GB of Hard
> Disk. The OS is FreeBSD. After a mass subscription of about 2000 email
> addresses I cannot go to the administrative web interface for that
> particular list. But I can go into other lists which have less email
> addresses.
> Can someone help me? What should I do?
>
> Bruno.

Sounds like it was a lock file problem.  That being the case, it's
probably working now.

If not, check out the ~mailman/locks directory, see if there is a lock
file on the list in question.  The lock file will contain the name of
the list and the id of the process, you can do a:
  ps aux
to see if the process is still running.  If not, simply delete the lock
file and then try to open the list using the Administrative interface.

Best of luck - Jon Carnes