[Mailman-Users] Mailman & Ensim Pro 3.5.X for Linux

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 03:36:27 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 14:06, David J. Duffner - NWCWEB.com wrote:

> 	So that's the question, to install it system-wide
> or install it on a domain-as-needed basis.  Majordomo
> exists in each domain separately, but that's not saying
> much.  Switch selectable, can be tossed in seconds.
>
> 	Any advice appreciated!
>
>       David J. Duffner
>       VP Operations
>       NWC Corporation
>       www.nwcxpress.com

My advice to you is that you install Mailman once per domain.  If you do
this, you'll actually find the install easier than on the RAQ, but still
a Bi**h to troubleshoot.

Since you've done it once on the RAQ, you have braved the waters of
chroot, and you probably know the various tricks of getting a service to
run inside a chroot.  The last Ensim install I did, I had to install
Python 2.2 for each domain as well as Mailman, in order to get it to
work right - but that was an earlier version of Ensim with an earlier
version of Python.

I just nurtured one of my buddies through an Ensim install.  He didn't
listen to my initial advice which was to "RUN!" and don't look back at
that client.

If you're doing this as a consultant, be sure you tell the client that
you are billing by the hour, and it's going be a lot more hours than
they expect!

Good Luck - Jon Carnes