[Mailman-Users] Keeping process count low

Amardeo Sarma sarma at gwup.com
Tue Aug 5 19:52:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

since a larger number of lists are hosted on our server, I am running into
a problem with the number of processes on the server, which is limited. I
get a number Is it a way out to set some limit on:

SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION
  or
MAX_DELIVERY_THREADS

Any other suggestions to keep the number of concurrent processes down, even
if delivery takes a bit longer?

Typical errors I get are:

"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces abc"
    (reason: 2)
    (expanded from: <abc-bounces at xyz.tld>)

Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

It seems to me that this indicates that the maximum number of allowed
processes has been exceeded.

Amardeo.

--
Amardeo Sarma