[Mailman-Users] Making an RPM

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Mon Aug 4 16:54:41 CEST 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 10:12 am, Angel Gabriel wrote:
> I just wanted to find out if this is possible? I want to download the
> latest source code for mailman, compile it, and then turn it into an
> RPM, so that I can install and remove it when neccessary. How would I go
> about doing this?

You can easily build an rpm (or deb) from the source code using Checkinstall.
Checkinstall comes already included with many distributions.

Checkinstall website and documentation is found here:
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

A small HOWTO in Spanish about Checkinstall is here:
http://libertonia.escomposlinux.org/story/2002/10/25/53113/319

Regards,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve		Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration  http://www.easternrad.com