[Mailman-Users] Upgrade install - "Could not import paths!"

david.gordon box99 at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 2 18:13:09 CEST 2003

I had MM 2.0.x, upgrading to MM 2.1.2 by installing over - not moving
lists about. I used --prefix=/home/mailman. I can see a couple of errors
reported and when I do a bin/check_perms i get..
====
[admin at xyz mailman-2.1.2]$ cd /home/mailman
[admin at xyz mailman]$ bin/check_perms
Could not import paths!

This probably means that you are trying to run check_perms from the source
directory.  You must run this from the installation directory instead.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/check_perms", line 38, in ?
    import paths
  File "bin/paths.py", line 59, in ?
    import korean
ImportError: No module named korean
====
As I understand I need to be in $prefix to run check_perms and that's /
home/mailman so the warning is either wrong or something else... ;-)

Cron daemon is also sending the following every five minutes

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 38, in ?
>    import paths
>  File "/home/mailman/cron/paths.py", line 59, in ?
>    import korean
>ImportError: No module named korean

Same/different trouble?

Thanks for help!