[Mailman-Users] pipermail thread display problem with Eudora clients

Wesley T. Perdue wes at greenfieldnetworks.com
Wed Apr 30 03:30:04 CEST 2003

Mailman users,

I've just set up and completed initial testing of Mailman 2.1.2 on my Red Hat 7.1 server.

I've noticed that when a message posted by a Eudora (5.2.1) for Windows client (running on Win2Ksp2) is replied to by a Eudora client, the thread display in the Pipermail archive is broken -- the reply is shown as a peer (same level, unindented) rather than a child (indented).

I have not noticed this with Mozilla or elm clients; I haven't yet tried any other clients.

I've searched the Mailman FAQ and this list's archives, and have found vaguely similar problems, without any offered solutions.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Are there any known workarounds or solutions, short of not using Eudora to post?

Thanks and regards,
Wes