[Mailman-Users] HTML being stripped in postings

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 29 23:10:14 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 17:37, Charles Hall wrote:
> Help! I've been unable to get HTML to pass through to any of my mailing
> lists. I've tried a zillion different settings, but the only luck I've had
> is when I turn "filter_content" off completely. That's not right is it?
>
> I've peeked and poked at MimeDel.py and it doesn't seem to be a matter of
> filter-types or anything. It seems to be something called "reset_payload",
> but I'm way out of my league by now.
>
> If anyone has this working, or has the same problem, I'd sure like to
> know.
>
> Oh, I know HTML gets scrubbed from the archive. I'm not talking about
> that. I mean the mailings themselves.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles Hall
> Raleigh, NC
> USA

Assuming you are running Mailman version 2.1.x... that is stock (and not
patched)

If Mailman is doing the stripping (and not some other mail-add-on
running on the server) then the controls for the list would be found in
the web-admin under the "Content Filtering" category.

Good luck - Jon Carnes
            Apex, NC  (Hi Ya'll!)
            USA