[Mailman-Users] Archives -cleaning out

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 29 15:14:16 CEST 2003

The program "cleanarch" is not what you are looking for:
  cleanarch -h

To wipe the archives delete the mbox for the list and then rerun arch
with the "--wipe" option:
  su mailman
  rm ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>
  touch ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>
  ~mailman/bin/arch --wipe \
      ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>

Or you could simply delete all the files and let it start over:
  su mailman
  rm ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>
  rm -rf ~mailman/archives/private/<listname>/

The files will be regenerated within 24 hours of a new message going to
the list.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes