[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.1 on Ensim

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Apr 28 19:02:49 CEST 2003

Jon Carnes  wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
>I've installed on an Ensim Web appliance and if you install it using a
>user/group that is specific to the chroot like: "mailman-1" then you can
>have it be specific to just that chroot (and have multiple installs, one
>for each chrooted area).
>
>One other note: it is truely a bitch to install it on an Ensim.  It took
>me in excess of 16 hours to get it right.

      I have more than 16 hours invested in trying to get it work that
way.  I could get the e-mail side working, but not the web pages.  The
permissions are just a bear.
       I got some notes from several people, including you I belive, but
never a concise how to.  Finally gave up and tried it outside the chrooted
environment and it was fairly easy.  I could reproduce it in well under an
hour.

<>< Paul