[Mailman-Users] News gateway

Nils Vogels nivo+mailman-users at yuckfou.org
Fri Apr 25 23:34:16 CEST 2003

Hi there!

I'm kinda puzzling and hoping to achieve the following:

List 'to-usenet' is a mailing list, which has a few subscriptions, that all
wish to get all the articles in a random newsgroup, and send messages to the
list, which will then be distributed over the members of the list, and to
usenet.

The list has to be protected from postings by non-members, since I really do
not want to take the chance of gating any spam towards usenet (and get hung
upside down by my ISP).

How do I achieve this?

The configuration I have now, can either moderate all non-user posts, which
also moderates usenet posts, since they are from non-users to mailman as
well.. or, not moderate all non-user traffic.

Moderation is not an option for me, since it means I have to approve every
message that needs to be distributed .. for each newsgroup they are interested
in :(

Grtz,

Nils.