[Mailman-Users] exim and temporary dns lookup failures

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 16:25:27 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 16:11, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I thought that is what I was doing...
>
> #!!# ACL that is used after the RCPT command
> check_recipient:
>   # Exim 3 had no checking on -bs messages, so for compatibility
>   # we accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP).
>   # We do this by testing for an empty sending host field.
>   accept  hosts = :

that accepts a local (SMTP over command line inject)

>   require verify = sender
>   deny    message = unrouteable address
>          !verify = recipient

this forces a recipient check

>   accept  domains = +local_domains
>   accept  domains = +relay_domains
>   accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
>   deny    message = relay not permitted

ACLs are all parsed in order.  So change the first accept to make it
accept everything from localhost:-
   accept  hosts = :127.0.0.1

	Nigel.