[Mailman-Users] list-archive has wrong domain name

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 21:17:47 CEST 2003

At 19:17 24/04/2003, admin2 wrote:
>mailman 2.1.1
>FreeBSD 4.7 Stable
>
>okay I used the fix_url python program to fix the domain but the list-archive
>domain name still keeps the actual hostname of the machine.  can somebody
>explain how to fix this or send me to docs that explain this?

>--
>Net Enabled (http://www.enabled.com)

This is just a SWAG.

mappings), defined in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py by calls to add_virtualhost
function, is inverted. Then the host fqdn value used in constructing the
List-Archive header is extracted from the inverse dictionary using the
list's email host as key.

In VIRTUAL_HOSTS, the keys are urlfqdn  and the values are emailfqdn. The
inversion has emailfqdn as key and urlfqdn as value.

By construction, VIRTUAL_HOSTS will have keys which are unique urlfqdn but
it is up to your definitions as whether they have unique emailfqdn values.
If the emailfqdn values are not unique then the inversion may produce
unexpected results such as those you say you are getting, that is the
inverted dictionary have have fewer entries as values from the
VIRTUAL_HOSTS collide during inversion.