[Mailman-Users] missing aliases.db file

Mike Gideon mike at miis.edu
Wed Apr 23 21:19:31 CEST 2003

I'm getting closer to getting this working, except I'm having problems
with aliases. ( i think)

# postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/var/mailman/data/aliases

there is no /var/mailman/data/aliases.db file  like the README.POSTFIX
talks about.

Here is my maillog error.
Apr 23 14:39:37 listserv postfix/nqmgr[8468]: F0D0D56FBB:
from=<zot at protected.com>
om>, size=783, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Apr 23 11:39:37 listserv postfix/local[8590]: fatal: open database
/var/mailman/data/aliases.db: No such file or directory

The message does get qued, and just sits there.

Yesterday, working on this, ALL mail was going to the postfix e-mail
account.  I sent a message to myself at listserv.protected.com and it went
there, as well as all the mailmain subscription tests.

Any help would be appreciated,
Mike