[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 60

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Wed Apr 23 04:27:34 CEST 2003

Hello Thomas,

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 18:50, mailman-users-request at python.org wrote:
> From: Thomas von Hassel <thomas at elements.dk>
> To: mailman-users at python.org
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Connecting mailman and webbased forum
> Date: 22 Apr 2003 20:44:25 +0200
> Is there a way to tie a mailman list into a webbased forum, like phpBB, so
> that msg posted to the forum are sent to the maillinglist and vice versa ...

We built a solution for this for the Back-End.org CMS.  We don't have a
working copy of it up on the web anywhere to try out as the client
hasn't quite launched their new site yet.

We've set up mailman to be mirrored as a newsgroup and then used
phpSlash framework to manage the threads/authorization.

The latest version of the CMS is posted on SF:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6763&release_id=151523

Look for
	/public_html/board.php

and
	/class/Board.class

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://www.openconcept.ca
Open Source Web Applications for Social Change.