[Mailman-Users] Spam filtering before distribution...

Luke Middle lmiddle at asf.alaska.edu
Thu Apr 10 21:34:14 CEST 2003

Hi All, I have been following some different discussions about removing
spam from mailinglists.  It seems like adding a bouncer to the
"X-Spam=yes" header was an option.  However this assumes that the
message has already been tagged by spamassassin.  What I would like to
do is have the pipeline of SpamAssassin.pyc operational.  I was able to
get it installed fine and there are no errors generated when mail is
sent.  However, once mail is sent to a list it does not have any of the
normal spamd headers attached.  This is indicating to me that it is not
going to spamd and running.  Has anybody run into a similar problem or
have any idea what might be happening?

My system is:
RedHat 7.3, 2.4.9-34
Mailman 2.0.13
Spamassassin 2.43

My install procedure:
follow all mailman documentation adding the file SpamAssassin.py (from
sourceforge) to Mailman/Handlers and adding SpamAssassin to the pipeline
in HandlersAPI.py.  ./configre, make install  This installs everything
and also generates the SpamAssassin.pyc file.  The mailing lists are
functional, just not running the SpamAssassin handler properly.

If I have missed something glaring here please tell me.  If this is a
known problem I would also like to know.

Thanks for you time!
-Luke