[Mailman-Users] Permissions on pending_subscription.db

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Apr 17 05:58:55 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 12:44, les wrote:
> I have changed the
> permissions on /var/mailman/data/pending_subscriptions.db to
> root.mailman, mailman.mailman, apache.mailman, etc.

I'm betting bin/check_perms will fix this problem up.

> If someone suggests *install from source*, please also suggest how to go
> from my current install (RPM) to a source install without losing
> anything. Thanks in advance.

It should be easy to do.  Install from source to a new location, test
that system and make sure it works.  Then move your lists from the rpm
install to the from-source install one at a time.  I believe there are
instructions in the faq for moving lists -- or perhaps you can use the
instructions for upgrading lists one at a time.  The procedure is
essentially the same.

In summary:

- move lists/yourlist
- move archives/private/yourlist
- move archives/private/yourlist.mbox

I may be missing a step for 2.0.13 -- it's been a while. ;)

-Barry