[Mailman-Users] Setting up, need some help

Mike Gideon mike at miis.edu
Thu Apr 17 01:47:30 CEST 2003

I just installed Postfix and Mailman along with RedHat 9.0.  I'm pretty
sure I have the postfix working fine.  There are no docs that were
installed when I installed MailMan from the RedHat installer, but I think
I found just about everything I needed online.

I created my first test list.  I actually created a couple of tests.  The
first was from the command line. It asked for the list name, admin name (
I used mine) and it spit out a list to add to the aliases. I put that list
into my /etc/postfix/aliases file.  It then asked if I wanted a
notification sent.  I said yes, but never got it.

I then created a list from the web interface.  I chose another test name,
put in my e-mail address, and a few other options.  It never generated a
list of aliases, so I assumed it added it for me, but when I went to th e
/etc/postfix/aliases those additions weren't there.  I also did not get a
confirmation e-mail from this list.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

I've got no errors in the /var/log/mailman/error file, i do see a pending
notice  in the subscribe log file for the list i did through the web
interface.

If I create a list from /bin/newlist and  just goto the
/mailman/private/newlist/ I get a login screen, but I get a Page cannont
be displayed when I try to log in.

If I create a list from the web /mailmain/create , and then try to log
into /mailman/private/newlist2,  I get Authorization failed.

Through out all this I only have the one entry in the
/var/log/mailman/subscribe log.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mike