[Mailman-Users] Problem after installation?

Steven Cummings cummingscs at netscape.net
Tue Apr 15 22:38:20 CEST 2003

Hello,

I noticed one other posting to this mailing list from a person with my same problem but no response, so here goes nothing. Mailman seemed to install fine, I started it up as root and I got the first email indicating that I was the owner of the first list ('mailman'). But trying to view ANY of the pages under '/mailman' through the web-server gives me the following error:

Failure to find group name mailman.  Try adding this group
to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
existing group name with the command line option --with-cgi-gid.

The group does exist, and I've found that even if I exclude the with-cgi-gid option it tries to run as nobody(gid=99) and gives me the same error, and of course that group exists.

The options I used during configuration were --with-mail-gid=mail (or 12) and --with-cgi-gid=mailman. Does anybody have any idea of how this can be solved? Thanks!

/S
--
Steven Cummings
Columbia, MO