[Mailman-Users] Mailman not processing messages

Martyn Drake martyn-d at moving-picture.com
Tue Apr 15 11:19:18 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using Exim 3.36 with MailMan 2.1.1 with Red Hat 7.2 to host a few test
lists.  The set-up is somewhat unusual in that we have a central mail server
which serves the entire internal mail domain.  Consequently, any email lists
must be forwarded within it's alias file as follows:-

mailman:			mailman@[172.16.15.12]
mailman-request:	mailman-request@[172.16.15.12]
Localuser:		localuser@[172.16.15.12]

and so on.  On the server running MailMan, I have configured Exim 3.36 with
the relevant transports and directors as per instructions included with the
distribution.  I have configured Apache and MailMan as per the instructions
as well.  I'm able to access the web interface, create mailing lists, etc.
In addition to this, the Mailman server is happily accepting incoming
messages and delivering them to local users (i.e. such as the example I give
above which is anything not related to Mailman list addresses) just fine as
well.  Exim on the MailMan server is very happy to accept the domain
literals.  I've also set-up the cron job for the local 'mailman' user to
process messages, etc.

The problem that I have is that when a MailMan list receives a message on
the MailMan server, it passes through the Exim transport and appears to be
delivered to the relavent mailing list.  I can see files in the
/usr/local/mailman/qfiles and see various files updating, but there appears
to be absolutely no activity from Exim in sending out messages, sending out
confirmation of subscriptions - i.e. no outgoing mail activity at all.  All
permissions seem to be set correctly, Exim appears to be set-up correctly,
etc.  However nothing happens.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I could look at to see what's
happening with MailMan when it gets a message to process?

Regards,

	Martyn