[Mailman-Users] Upgrade problem from 2.0.13 to 2.1.1

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 08:21:46 CEST 2003

At 05:06 15/04/2003, Carl Harris wrote:
>Howdy folks
>
>I've seem to have run into an error that has me stumped.
>
>This is what I've got:
>
>System RedHat 7.2
>Python Version 2.2.2
>check_perms runs clean
>
>Everything seems to go fine until I start the mailman qunner daemon and it
>spits out the following
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 77, in ?
>     from Mailman.i18n import _
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py", line 18, in ?
>     import time
>ImportError: No module named time

One the face of it, this is not a Mailman problem per se but a Python
installation problem.

If you run Python from the command line and enter the 'import time' line,
do you get the same problem?

If so, then your problem is that the time module has not been successfully
built when installing Python.

If not, then maybe somebody else can advise you.