[Mailman-Users] I have a yahoogroups list subscribed to my mailman list

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 21:59:17 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 17:40, Glo wrote:
> And I have a couple of issues, perhaps someone can help me resolve these
> issues.
>
> Problem 1:
> When MM gets a post from the Yahoo list it seems to be stripping the
> poster's name before it sends it out to the MM list.  It is coming
> through because the poster addy or name does show up in the archives.
> Anyone have any clues what might be happening here and how to fix it?

What does the header of the message look like before it hits Mailman?
It's just a guess, but yahoo may be using it's own address as the From
and adding the users in as a Reply-To (or vise/versa).

Check out the web-admin General Option:
Should any existing Reply-To: header found in the original message be
stripped? If so, this will be done regardless of whether an explict

This may be helpful - or not.

> Problem 2:
> Any time we get a post from a Yahoo user on the list, and click on reply
> The TO field ends up with both list addresses in it.  We do have the
> yahoo list subscription set to "notmetoo".

Sounds like an extension of the above problem.

If that is the case, and the option above is not helpful, you could
setup a procmail script to fix the headers before the mail is pumped
into Mailman.

Best of Luck - Jon Carnes