[Mailman-Users] advice wanted: sizing a mailman server

Sullivan, John jsullivan at mlsnet.com
Fri Apr 11 19:30:25 CEST 2003

I run a list with over 50k addresses on a server converted from a desktop.
I'm running RH8 on the box it is a Compaq Deskpro EN P3 800mhz with 512 megs
of Ram. I've actually had the box in my office for the past few weeks while
I've been tweaking it. Sending out the emails is still working fine
considering my office only has 10meg port and I have 3 other computers
running in here.

Although I tend to send my newsletters out late at night to avoid any strain
on the network. I've noticed that the 10k newsletters sent out take up about
256k of my T1 for about 2 hours or so, not bad in the middle of the night.

If I had the cash I would purchase something a little more equipped then my
old workstation but for now this is doing the job for me.

Next up sending out 20k html newsletters - watchout...