[Mailman-Users] Majordomo-style email based commands

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Apr 9 06:29:31 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 20:01, Jon Carnes wrote:
> There is a great deal of documentation for this in the archives.
> Mailman allows you a lot of email-based commands, but not as much as
> Majordomo.  The reasoning behind this is that Mailman's greatest
> strength is the simplicity with which it can managed via a web-browser.
>
> Most everything is available via the web-admin.  The lists are designed
> to be setup and managed via the web.

Note that MM2.1's architecture makes it pretty easy to add new email
commands, assuming we can determine the right syntax and handle any
security issues that may be relevant.

If there are specific email commands that you think are missing, please
submit a feature request to the SourceForge trackers.

-Barry