[Mailman-Users] Approval of messages

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Tue Apr 8 13:39:24 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've recently put online a new mailing list and have had some users join it.

On the first posting (after mine) to the list from a user, I got an "Approval"
email sent to me with the reason:

  Reason:  Message may contain administrivia

Seems to be mispelled to me, but I'm guessing Mailman believes an
administrative request was sent. I'm using mailman 2.0.13-3 on Red Hat 8.0.

The person only sent an email with the subject "Who" and it was a general
comment to the list and really shouldn't have been intercepted as an
administrative comment.

In looking through the options that could have caused this, the only one I
found was:

(Administrivia filter) Check postings and intercept ones that seem to be
administrative requests?

which I have set to yes.

Is this filter that generic that it pics up these types of messages all the
time? I would have expected it to pickup things like "subscribe" or
"unsubscribe" but not "Who".

Any ideas???

I'll be turning it off for now just to see how things go, as I want to be
stimulating conversation at the moment so people can really get into the list.

Michael.