[Mailman-Users] A Known bug with confirmation string & excessive bounces

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Tue Apr 8 05:06:17 CEST 2003

* Martin Maechler (maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch) wrote:
> But I've got quite a few user reports about non-working confirmation
> strings --- and I've experienced it myself quite a bit.  E.g., just
> today, I tried to change one of my e-mail addresses to another one,
> got the confirmation e-mail, but replying to it (or using the web
> interface with the correct confirmation string) always gave errors about
> invalid strings.

Barry posted just yesterday about this issue.  He commented that another
developer has done some work on the CVS version that might have fixed this
problem.  So 2 suggestions.

1. checkout the cvs tree and see if it did (not recommended)
2. wait for 2.1.2, that release should have the necessary fixes, if they can
track down the problem.

But this is a known issue, its being worked on.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Programming Department: mistakes made while you wait.