[Mailman-Users] Mailman Headers and Footers

Rod Neep rod at neep.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 04:05:56 CEST 2003

>On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 19:16, jsmith wrote:

>> I am having a little problem in that there are not headers or footers
>> being inserted in to the posts.

If posts are made to the mailing list in HTML format, then the inbuilt
HTML code has <head> and </head> and that will kill Mailman's headers
and footers.

The only simple and practical way around the problem is to not allow
HTML posts.

In "Content Filtering": (Mailman 2.1.1)

1.
"Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the
settings below? "
set to YES

2.
"Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? "
set to YES

This also overcomes problems the recipients have when receiving mail in
digest mode (as that shows all of the actual HTML code!), and it will
also provide you with clean, neat archives too.

Regards
Rod Neep
--
British-Genealogy.com - For British Family History
web  : http://www.british-genealogy.com